Scott Burnside over at that joke webpage espn.com will give you 5 keys to victory; well here at Pensburgh we rock you with 10 keys to victory. I missed posting my Keys to Victory against the Canes because that series was over before I woke up from my game 7 beat down of the Caps blackout.
- For the Pens to take this series they have to be able to score when the opportunity arises…And yes Max, I'm looking in your direction.
- Over the years I have dropped hockey knowledge on Hooks and this one seems to be the gold standard: the Pens must steal one on the road and defend their home ice. If they do that they are in control 3-1 going back to the Motor City.
- Remember that look that your prom date’s father gave you saying…STAY OUT OF THE BOX!!!
- Keep shooting the puck. The Pens are averaging over 35 shots on goal a game over these playoffs. That’s what they are going to have to do to keep scoring at their current rate.
- Hide the walkers. The Wings are old, and the Pens need to keep their fast North/South tempo up. It seems that the Pens are wearing down their opponents during their playoff series.
- The Penguins last year were over whelmed by the Stanley Cup Finals last year. They are more mature this year and need to show it. Players like Chris Kunitz and Billy G Funk are going to be key to making sure we don’t get the same jitters as last year.
- We have to win the battles for the puck against the boards. Players like Kunitz and Talbot are very good at that and we need them to keep it up.
- Limit the odd man rushes. MAF doesn’t need to see the Red Army coming his way in droves.
- Clean up the mess. Don’t let people camp out in front of MAF and get the puck out of our zone.
- Out score the Wings every period of every game.
There are your Keys to Victory lets get this show started....Vroom Vroom Party Starter