Here's yet another installment of some Sunday linkage. Rest assured the season is rapidly approaching. It won't be long before we're praying for an injury-free preseason and a repeat regular one.
- Jesse over at Faceoff Factor is posting up a great series known as the 30 days of Mario. He's only up on Day 4, so I highly suggest you catch up on the last three and keep an eye out for the next 26. In this installment, Mario scores a shorty with the Pens down not one but two guys. [Faceoff Factor]
- Ed Belfour's back in the NHL. Kinda. His playing days are behind him at least, as he officially signed on as a goaltending consultant for the St. Louis Blues. [THN]
- Speaking of wanting back in the NHL - Theo Fleury is looking to mount a Claude Lemieux-like comeback. James Mirtle touches up on some of the unfortunate reasons for his return. [From the Rink]
- This should get a laugh. Marian Hossa met a goat named Stanley. According to Sean Leahy, "Cap" is the Slovak word for goat. So really, he had a dance with Stanley Cap. Get it? Direct all rotten tomato tosses this way ---> [Puck Daddy]
- For the stat lovers out there - How important are defensive zone faceoffs? [Puck Prospectus]