Happy Friday to you all. One more week in the books and one more week closer to regular season hockey. Preseason action tonight at 7:30 between the Pens and Leafs. You might be able to watch this one with a feed available on Leafs TV, but from what I hear it's only available to Toronto/Canadian residents. Still worth a shot. If anyone knows for sure, speak up. Otherwise might I suggest the WXDX feed.
- The Penguins had their intra-squad game yesterday in Wilkes-Barre. Alex Goligoski felt like showing everyone up, scoring all three goals in Black's 3-2 win over Gold. [Post-Gazette]
- Adam Gretz over at Fanhouse offers up Part II of his feature on Ray Shero and the Penguins. This installment focuses on the acquisition of Bill Guerin and what went on behind the scenes right around the trade deadline. Great read. [Fanhouse]
- Red Light District is simulating what they feel the playoffs will look like in Spring 2010. Well friends, according to this post the Pens are in for a second round elimination. Obviously everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the Flyers go further than Pittsburgh? Hmmm [Red Light District]
- Speaking of Flyers, Wes Goldstein takes a look at the Flyers and provides his "5 things" about the team. He highlights more aggressive play [note the enforcers and top PIM guys on the team and addition of Chris Pronger], combined with skilled goal scoring and of course, power play opportunities for Philly's opponents. [CBS Sports]
- The Phoenix Coyotes officially released Staal #4 yesterday afternoon. Jared Staal will spend the upcoming season with the OHL Sudbury Wolves after Phoenix GM Don Maloney said, "he is not anywhere nearly as advanced physically as his brothers were at the same stage." Ouch. At 6'4" 200ish, he certainly has the size to make it work. [CBC]
- And take a look at Dion Phaneuf's "questionable" (ie. dirty) hit on Kyle Okposo. Here we are in preseason play and Phaneuf is playing like the Flames are going to cut him from the squad. I know it's not the all-star game or anything but come on dude. [Lighthouse Hockey]