- All signs would suggest that Evgeni Malkin is back in the lineup for the Pens tonight. After missing the last four games, Geno was back at practice yesterday, sharing a line with Sidney Crosby and Pascal Dupuis.
- Chris Kunitz was not in practice yesterday but this isn't the first time that he's missed a practice and played in the following game. Many times last season while struggling through an injury, Dan Bylsma would give Kunitz practice off if it meant he'd be good to go come game time. Here's to hoping it was just a maintenance day and nothing too serious.
- Speaking of injuries, the bug just keeps popping up on the Flyers, who just the other day announced Ian Laperriere has been placed on the long-term injured reserve. The shuffling of players to and fro has caused a bit of a cap concern for the Flyers. Geoff Detweiler has a great piece on the Flyers' cap mismanagement.
- For those hoping to see Philly's Jody Shelley mix it up with Eric Godard/Mike Rupp/Matt Cooke, it looks like that will have to wait until the next meeting between the teams on March 24th. Shelley received a two-game suspension for this hit on Boston's Adam McQuaid. I'm sure someone somewhere will have something to say about no-touch icing again..
- Another interesting note to come out of the season series so far: neither team has won on its home ice in any of the three previous meetings. For the sake of Pittsburgh extending its win streak to 13, let's hope that rhythm continues for at least one more game.
Do you like Pensburgh? Of course! So like it on Facebook already! Click here and then do it!