Normally around this time of year we'd be looking to wind things down as we started to head into the New Year, but in case you didn't notice by now the Penguins and Capitals are playing in a pretty hyped up game on New Year's Day.
With that said, content is going to come through the main page of the site in droves and I figured a nice all-in-one post like this could help condense it for anyone who may have missed something along the way.
- First off, there are two pages you have to like on Facebook. One is obviously Pensburgh (still aiming for 500 by the time the ball drops...don't let us down!). The other is something that was recently brought to my attention from CouponMountain.com. Tis the season for giving, even if most of the holidays are over. For everyone who likes CouponMountain on Facebook, they will donate $1 to Toys for Tots, up to $50,000 total. The deadline is by the end of Dec. 31st, so make sure you like em today.
- TonyAndrock put together a great piece on Crosby vs. Ovechkin that doesn't turn to that same, cliche spin that the rest of media looks to take since it doesn't dumb you down to the point where you learn everything about each guy in the span of about 30 TV seconds. It actually includes a few quotes from WBS guys like Eric Tangradi and Tim Wallace as well. Give it a read.
- Hooks was blogging live from the Alumni Game earlier today. Much like the "old days," this game did not go to a shootout, as it ended abruptly in a 5-5 tie. Gotta give props for Alighieri for almost nailing the exact score.
- The weather forecast remains a bit sketchy for the day of the actual game. As of 11 a.m. on December 31st, the forecast is calling for a 90% chance of rain. Yuck.
- Unless you're an ESPN Insider you won't be able to read the entire piece, but the first question and answer is all you need to see on this article: "100 percent of the players polled said Crosby is the best player in the NHL."
- Hooks is checking in live from the press box at Heinz Field throughout the weekend. Be sure to follow him on Twitter for all of his updates.