We can all agree the win didn't "mean anything," but we're just talking as fans. For a good number of the guys out there on the ice for the Penguins tonight, it meant a hell of a lot more than "just preseason."
I won't pretend to write as if I watched it, because I didn't/couldn't. I did listen to a good part of the game, but even while taking in the glory that is a Mike Lange hockey broadcast I tend to get distracted by lights, sounds or anything else going on around me while I'm just laying on the couch.
So here's the gist of it, and if you were at the game or happened to watch maybe you can elaborate:
- Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 20 of 21 shots. Did he look as good as his numbers?
- Mike Comrie scored the first goal of the preseason. Who picked that?
- Ryan Craig came up in the goal category twice tonight.
- Brett Sterling popped a goal and added an assist. There was a good amount of talk surrounding him before the game, so I guess he feeds off the hype. Good to know he can produce.
- Sid notched a goal and an assist. Just having some fun out there.
- Brooks Orpik is the man.
Todd Bertuzzi is not.