In my second call-up of the season, if you want to call it that, I'll be covering a game that I bet a lot of Pens fans are looking forward to on a Saturday afternoon.
The rematch against the Boston Bruins. Puck drops at 1 p.m.
I'm sure everyone's thinking it so I'll go ahead and throw it out there now. The Penguins need to put forth a full 60 minute effort if they want to take two points out of Boston Sarturday.
- I don't think any of us want to re-visit the last few minutes of the third period when these two teams met on Monday.
- The Bruins were back to their come-from-behind ways again, scoring five goals in the third period in Thursday's tilt against the Flyers. Steve Kampfer's unassisted goal with 1:14 left followed by an empty netter sealed the Bruins' 7-5 win over Philadelphia.
- An interesting statistic I found shows that the Bruins have been having much success playing 5 on 5 hockey. Their 1.43 ratio of goals for to goals against while at even strength is tied for the best in the league. The Penguins rank 4th in the league (1.29) in that same category.
- In case you've been living under a rock the past week or so, Sidney Crosby will not be in the lineup. The prognosis is the same. He will be cleared to play when he is symptom-free and ready to go.
- In a somewhat related note, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins started their road trip off right. Brad Thiessen picked up his 3rd shutout of the season in the Pens 2-0 win over Boston's AHL affiliate, the Providence Bruins. Hopefully the NHL Pens will follow suit.
- Thread at 1 p.m. Recap shortly after the game. Lets Go Pens!!!