DETROIT MI - OCTOBER 2: Matt Cooke #24 of the Pittsburgh Penguins battles for position with Tomas Tatar #21 of the Detroit Red Wings during their pre-season NHL game at Joe Louis Arena October 2, 2011 in Detroit, Michigan. (Photo By Dave Sandford/Getty Images)
Any and every website has pre-season predictions. Most are bland and boring.
These are not those.
1. The Penguins will go over their Vegas over/under of 101.5 points this season, and will finish in 2nd place in the Eastern Conference.
2. Steve Sullivan will play 70 games and will end up matching Jaromir Jagr in season points.
3. Kris Letang will finish higher than last year's 6th place in the Norris voting.
4. Ray Shero will drop acid and acquire a big name like Shane Doan or Ales Hemsky at the trading deadline.
5. Deryk Engelland will play more games this season than Ben Lovejoy.
6. Matt Cooke will not be Shanna-banned….But his play and effectiveness on the ice will be limited as he struggles to adjust his game.
7. Tyler Kennedy won't match his goal/points total from last season.
8. Evgeni Malkin will not lead the Pens in all of goals+assists+points categories this season.
9. Sidney Crosby will win the Masterton Trophy in June.
10. But he will bring a nicer piece of hardware to the award ceremony than that.
Your bold season predictions in the comments (and how many of the above you think could actually happen)..