There's been a good amount of action today around the team so I figured now would be a nice time to play a little catch up.
- For starters, Sid skated with the team today for the first time since injuring his groin against the Blue Jackets on Sept. 24. All seems to be going fine and Sid is expected to start in the home opener against the Rangers. Also worth mentioning, Max Talbot skated with the Pens today since getting shoulder surgery but still has a ways to go in his recovery. [Post-Gazette]
- With the signing of Martin Skoula and consequential cuts to the Penguins roster, it may be a bit hard to make your mental check list of who's still with the team and who's likely going to get the start in WBS. EmptyNetters hooks us up with the full rundown of the roster. [EmptyNetters]
- CBC's Elliotte Friedman calls the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals the "class of the East." Just keep in mind some of the other contenders in the conference. [CBC]
- Say it with me - Puck Prospectus procures Penguins predictions. I just wanted to make it more confusing than it really is. Check out these projections for the Penguins this upcoming season. 5th overall is something I can live with. [PP]
- Welcome the newest addition to SBN Hockey, Behind the Net. BTN will provide a statistical outlook at various aspects that surround hockey. For hockey gurus and stat heads out there, you should definitely make it a point to check this out. [Behind the Net]