- Jordan Staal seen skating this morning. This is a good thing. I highly doubt he'd be ready to go tonight against the Hurricanes but the dude's warriordom (it's early-ish and I feel like making up words) never fails to amaze me.
- Even when the Penguins aren't playing the Flyers, Philly is reminded of Sid. Final score in last night's Tampa win? 8-7. The stat sheet looks like a roll call. Steve Stamkos: 3 goals, 1 assist. Both teams played both goaltenders too. Crazy game.
- I spent about two hours reading like a madman last night, mainly through the Sports Illustrated Vault, by far one of my favorite places to turn to on the Internet. Take a trip back to 1984 (based on the Pensburgh Age Survey, before a number of readers were born) to read "The Pitiful Penguins Land a Rare Bird," a great feature on this guy named Mario Lemieux.
- And then laugh at this one...
- The Hurricanes destroyed the Senators earlier this week by the final of 7-1. Cause for concern? Meh, Pens beat em 3-0 last time. I'm not predicting another shutout by any means, but I think the Pens have a slight edge in that department.