- They may not have a new arena, but it looks like the Islanders have a new third jersey. Not bad looking in my opinion.
- As if the Florida Panthers needed a reason to not invite hockey fans to games, they now guaranteed themselves at least one empty section on game nights.
- You thought the Pens were bad on the power play last season? Well, they were. But Japers Rink breaks down how the Capitals didn't even get many power-play chances to begin with.
- The Post-Gazette has a nice feature on Evgeni Malkin and how he's starting to understand what it's like to condition yourself during the offseason.
- Sean Avery arrested for allegedly pushing a cop last night at his Hollywood home. Ruh-roh.
- We know former Penguin Paul Bissonnette is the Twit-king, but based on per minute play, he's also the NHL's hit king (with a nice assist to whomever does the stats out in Phoenix).
Friday Hockey Headlines: Evgeni Malkin's Conditioning, Islanders Jerseys