The Pittsburgh Penguins provided some pretty cool stats and recap of the game, so in lieu of lateness, we figured we'd pass along:
· Pittsburgh won its season-high 4th consecutive game this afternoon.
· The Penguins improved to 5-0 at home – the team’s best start since going 7-0 at the Civic Arena to begin the 1994-95 campaign.
· Pittsburgh has a 3-game winning streak against Vancouver.
· The Penguins are 19-3 in their last 22 shootouts dating back to Feb. 26, 2011. They have won six straight shootouts and 11 of their last 12.
· The Penguins have 32 day-game wins in the past 5 years – most in the NHL.
· The Penguins’ 30 goals this season are the most goals scored by the team through their first 8 games since the 1995-96 team tallied 36.
· The Penguins’ 13 third-period goals are most in the league.
· Marc-Andre Fleury picked up his league-leading 7th win today. Through 7 games, Fleury has allowed 13 goals which is one fewer than his previous career low of 14 goals allowed during his rookie year (10/10/03-11/1/03).
· Fleury made a season-high 36 saves today against the Canucks. That’s the most saves he has made in a regular-season game since making 36 saves in a 2-1 victory against the Phoenix Coyotes on March 5, 2012.
· Sidney Crosby’s seventh goal of the season ties him for first in the league in goals and his 17 points lead the NHL. Crosby has a NHL-season-high 8-game point streak.
· Sidney Crosby holds a 16-game home point streak against Canadian-based teams dating back to March 28, 2010. Crosby now has 80 points (31G-49A) in 49 games during that span.
· Olli Maatta scored his first career NHL goal in the third period to tied the game at 3-3 and force overtime.
· Evgeni Malkin beat Roberto Luongo in the shootout to give the Penguins the 4-3 win. Malkin now has 8 career game-deciding shootout goals.
· Earlier in the game Malkin assisted on Chris Kunitz’s goal tying him with Syl Apps for fifth place on the franchise’s all-time list with 349. Malkin also has a 6-game point streak (3G-5A).
· In the past five seasons, Malkin has 54 points (20G-34A) in day games – most among all active players in the league.
· Chris Kunitz scored his fourth goal of the season and also assisted on the Maatta and Crosby goals. His three points extend his point streak to 4 games (3G-5A).
· Tanner Glass recorded 5 hits, giving him a league-leading total of 36.
Attendance: 18,657 (291 consecutive sellout)