In unsurprising news, the Pittsburgh Penguins made it official. They won't be signing Marc-Andre Fleury to a contract before the season starts. They could have signed him as early as July 1st, and it's almost September, so it's not exactly shocking that this is the case, but here we are. From Josh Yohe at the Trib:
Rutherford on Monday told the Tribune-Review that signing Fleury, who could become an unrestricted free agent July 1, 2015, isn't on his immediate agenda.
"I'm not in a hurry to do a contract with him," Rutherford said.
Walsh isn't offended by Rutherford's decision.
"We're actually on the same page," Walsh said. "It's of no consequence at all."
More From PensBurgh
- The week ahead: Penguins need some goals and wins
- Former Pens assistant coach Tony Granato announces Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma diagnosis
- Pens Points: Puljujarvi PTO
- Penguins bring on Jesse Puljujarvi as a tryout
- Marc Johnstone, the underdog longshot who made it to the NHL
- The Penguins’ power play is on track to make NHL history