What a great hockey game. A 3v3 OT win for the Penguins at the hands of Evgeni Malkin. It was a fun one.
- The Blues are known for being a physical team and that is definitely not just a stereotype or myth. With guys like David Backes, a bulked-up Vladimir Tarasenko, Troy Brouwer, and company, they bring it with an edge. They also have two shitheads in Steve Ott and Ryan Reaves.
- They're a very good defensive team too. With their defense corps built out starting with Kevin Shattenkirk, Alex Pietrangelo, and Jay Bouwmeester, that's a great place to build from.
- Yikes, yikes, yikes, Alex Steen and Paul Stastny hooked up on the power play for the first Blues goal. And it was a beauty of a pass. Other worldly.
- The Penguins 4th line of Sergei Plotnikov, Matt Cullen, and Eric Fehr have been great and put work in together. Great first period especially for Plotnikov.
Sidney Crosby, you guys.
I think Carl Gunnarsson knows the NHL is a better place when Sidney Crosby is doing things. https://t.co/eVFDBq07ET— Dimitri Filipovic (@DimFilipovic) November 26, 2015
- Great second period from the Penguins. Sidney Crosby has created a giant rift in the Blues net. This is fun. It's almost like someone pissed him off. The ice at Consol looks downright dreadful. Related: It's Thanksgiving Eve and I'm probably going to mail in the 3rd period of this recap.
- Brutal, brutal goal for Marc-Andre Fleury to give up to Robby Fabbri. Just a bad one. But given his start to this season and how he kept the Penguins afloat when they were awful, he gets a free pass for a while.
- Great shot/goal from Ben Lovejoy to take the lead in the 3rd period.....but the Blues coming back to tie it late in the 3rd sucks. Alex Pietrangelo is so damn good.
- Late 3rd period pace turned incredible all of a sudden. Heading to 3v3 hockey!
- PHIL. AND MALKIN. MY GOD.
GENO + PHIL = https://t.co/AxOll8itpX
— Evgeni Malkin's Ego (@EvgeniMaIkinEgo) November 26, 2015