It’s getting to be that time of year, folks! Sunday the calendar flips to September, which means it’s time for the players to start trickling back into town and get ready for the upcoming season. Social media is showing us that some are starting to do so!
Jake Guentzel’s last day, already leaving for Pittsburgh pic.twitter.com/TMMFixOWs5— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) August 27, 2019
Some big moments on the calendar that remain and to keep in mind are:
- Prospects challenge (in Buffalo) September 6-9 — we don’t have a roster just quite yet for the Penguins, but that should be coming out soon. It starts in one week and two days!
- First day on the ice at UPMC Lemieux for practice and the official start of training camp: Friday September 14th
- First preseason game: Sunday September 16th, playing Buffalo (at Penn State). The rest of the 2019 preseason schedule which lasts through Sept. 28th can be found here
- First game of regular season: Thursday October 3rd: Buffalo comes to the ‘Burgh (which is five weeks away from tomorrow). More season schedule notes can be found here
- Breaking Bad movie on Netflix: Friday October 11th
(OK that last one slipped in but is an important life reminder)
Believe it or not the long summer of discontent is truly almost over.