Are you ready? The Pittsburgh Penguins are gearing up for another run at the Stanley Cup.
With the regular season finally complete and the playoffs yet to kick off, the PensBurgh Podcast is here to preview this round one series. Will the New York Islanders spoil the Penguins’ hopes, reminiscent of 2019 postseason? Or will these fully healthy flightless birds advance to the second round for the first time since 2018?
Here’s the agenda for this week’s special playoff primer:
- We recap the final regular season games against the Buffalo Sabres
- The main topic this week: Previewing NYI-PIT. The Penguins went 6-2 against the Islanders in the regular season series. The Penguins also averaged 3.25 goals per game against the Islanders in the regular season series as well. With the Islanders playing, what is best described as a “boring, low-event, 2—1-esque” style of hockey, what can the Penguins do to ensure they come out of this series as the victors?
- We also pick Round One X Factors, highlighting a few players that will make the biggest difference for the Pens in this series.
- To close out the playoff preview, Robbie and I also give our series winner predictions.
- And, of course, we can't forget about the mailbag. This week’s mailbag sees Robbie and I look back on the 2021 regular season, wondering what former general manager Jim Rutherford might have done differently, looking ahead to this summer’s expansion draft, and much more:
Don’t forget to support us by rating and subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and Google Play.
Make sure to also follow us on Twitter all season long to get updated every time a new episode drops: @PensburghPod
Intro/Outro music courtesy of: Sylendanna.
Track title - Online Now! & I Think Its The Way I Walk